Saturday, June 28, 2008

To Market, To Market

My mom and I arrived safely this morning around 11:30 am in Charleston, SC to help duck and dog sit for my sister and brother-in-law while they are in Spain. They called to let us know they made it there safely. My sister said that on one side of their condo they had beautiful mountains, and on the other side the Mediterranean Sea, but they need water just as bad as we do. They called to check in on their "children...the dog and duck." I have no clue what they are going to do when they have children. My sister left us an entire table full of notes for the few days we are here. We will be here until Tuesday sometime. It's been quite awhile since I have been to Charleston, but I just love the atmosphere. My mom and I headed to the market...I was actually looking for a South Carolina ring, but no such luck. I loved seeing all the ladies making the baskets, hearing the clip clops of the horses as they were taking people on carriage rides around the city, and just simply watching all the many different types of people that were down there. Then we headed to McAllister's Deli, and shared a baked potato. That was the first time I had actually ever eaten at one, and it was delicious. I got some lemonade to drink, and boy did that make me pucker, but it seems to be helping my jaw. After a good deal of trying to find the Tanger Outlets we finally succeeded. I mean you would think that would be a HUGE tourist trap, and have plenty of signs, but no we went on several different roads before actually finding it. I found a few good bargains, and then we stopped at the gas station to get the basics that we needed for tomorrow, and now we are home just chilling and relaxing.
My allergic reaction seems to be getting somewhat better...it's not as red, and not as bad itchy. So that's a good sign. I would take a picture, but deem that inappropriate. It's weird how my body knows when it's nighttime because I seem to only start itching then. Tomorrow I think my mom and I are going to Cypress Gardens to look at the "flutterbys" as I used to call them when I was little. We are going to try and go in the morning so hopefully it won't be to hot, and I can avoid the sun at all cost!

No comments: