Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Retirement Luncheon

Today was my mom's retirement luncheon. It's hard to believe that she has been involved in students lives for 39 years. WOW! She was allowed to invite 10 special people, and then people from the convention joined us as well. It was certainly a good time had by all. Many words of encouragement and servant-hood were spoken about her today. She certainly is one of those ladies that always has a smile on her face, looks for the good in others, and just simply encourage people. I know I'm a bit partial...I mean she is my mom. She will certainly be missed, but someone said it well this afternoon when they said that she literally has created a legacy. I can't begin to imagine how many students she has impacted. Several people spoke, and one of those being Scott Smith who is like my second dad. He phrased it well when he quoted the verse that says..."Well done my good and faithful servant." I know that this chapter in my mom's life has come to a close, and she will simply have to turn the page, and see what God has in store for her next. I think it's exciting and scary to think about, but my all time favorite verse...Jer. 29:11 will see her through. I just hope and pray that one day I can be half the woman that my mom has been and shown me through the years. Happy Retirement mom, and don't party to hard :)

Hopefully I can get some pictures of the luncheon on here soon.

1 comment:

allisonnewman said...

Your mother is wonderful. I remember working at the SCBC, and whenever her name came up, it was nothing but kind, great words about what she was doing.