Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankful Heart

This past weekend I was working on an Operation Christmas Child Box (Jed get excited), and I got to thinking how much we really do take for granted. It reminded me of the Christmas I spent in China, and that was certainly an eye opener within itself...but probably by far one of the most memorable Christmases I've experienced thus far. I can almost taste the warm, moist turkey right from the oven after being carved. The tart cranberry sauce, the homemade gravy and dressing, amongst many other things that my family will have during this Thanksgiving season. I can't believe it's almost here, but first I will be going to the Trans Siberian Orchestra next Thursday night. Just thought I would blog today, and ask people what they are thankful for. So please respond and tell me a few things you are thankful for.

1. that we have freedom of speech
2. that the King is ENTRHALLED with MY beauty
3. that friends are God's greatest gifts...no matter how close or far away
4. That God doesn't make mistakes, but he certainly left room for lots of improvement
5. That I get to work with college students
6. That I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and a job that pays my bills

This list could continue for a very long time, but the other day I sat down and really thanked God for things I were grateful for..not just the mundane things, but the little things. I see leaves of bright, vast, beautiful beauty, and I'm reminded that God created things that we see on a daily basis.

PS. Jed and Kimmy if you are reading this I tried postingg a comment to your blogs, but it said my password was wrong...funny that's the same password I'm using to post this blog. Oh well I did try though.

2 comments:

The Elliotts said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for what we have. I get so worked up about the things that I don't have that I need and want that I forget that there are people who have nothing they need in life.
Some things I'm thankful for are:
*Salvation
*My family
*My sweet husband
*The precious life that is growing inside me that will be out soon
*That I was born in America
*That I have a job to go to everyday

I could keep going, but I'm going to stop now. Thanks again!

J.E. said...

im so proud you tried to comment... try again.... I am even more proud that you did ur boxes!!!