Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Timeless Tuesday

Today I made it to Curves once again, and was able to go around on the circuit twice so that was a blessing. At this Curves they actually have an actual machine you stretch on instead of using the floor. That was really nice, and I think I'm going to try talking the one back in Greenville into getting one. :) Ya'll are probably tired of hearing about this stupid allergic reaction, but it seems to be getting somewhat better. The only thing is that it might take 2-3 weeks to completely clear up. So no sun on this vacation for me. My mom and I asked some of the locals where we should go for lunch this afternoon, and we ended up at a place called Gilligan's by the water. The view was pretty good, and the food wasn't so bad just a little over priced for the little that we got. My mom and I split some potato skins, and then I got popcorn shrimp, fried okra, and corn on the cob. That was some good eatin. Then we came back and headed to the pool for a little while. It's nice to get in, but would love to have some sun with it. Met a lady out at the pool who was from Germany, and she had a gorgeous accent. So that was kind of cool. Then I had a random phone call from a former NGC(U)er, John Polk. It was nice to chat with him on the phone for a brief minute or two. He does Carriage Rides in Downtown Charleston, and it would have been neat to see him. Haven't talked or kept up with him for 2 years. Anyways my day was pretty un-adventuresome to say the least. Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers...this medicine I'm on makes me eat EVERYTHING, and I'm sure that I have gained 20 pounds just being on it since Thursday. Please let me know if you are reading this. I think people have forgotten about me in just a short week. I will try to post more throughout the week, but access to Internet may be few and far between.

Can you believe it's already July? Where did June go??

No comments: