Saturday, July 12, 2008

Turtle Tracking






I know it's Saturday, and I'm posting for Thursday. I will get to that in a moment. We got up around 6:30 this morning to go walk the beach and look for shells. We probably walked 5 or 6 miles easily. We also saw were turtles had come to shore during the course of the night, and laid their eggs. We actually stopped and took some pictures because one nest had to be moved because she laid them to close to the water. I didn't know that they only lay every 25 years, and once the babies hatch they make their way towards the water. We went to a few little shops on the island, and then came back and we all crashed. When I woke up I was having a MAJOR kidney stone attack. So my mom and I quickly got on the road back to Fort Mill. I felt bad because I felt as if I ruined everyone's vacation, and then Mrs. Scottie and Carla had planned a huge dinner, but we weren't able to enjoy it.

No comments: